Due to high demand, there is a 1 to 3 year wait for each of our gardens.
Before you sign up for the waitlist please read the Rules & Agreements and Waitlist Policy below so you know what to expect from our program and how best to participate.
Rules and Agreements
The Rules and Agreements ensure that the community gardens are maintained as vibrant, shared green spaces within the City of Richmond. Urban Bounty and garden plot users are required to agree to and honor these Rules and Agreements in exchange for the privilege of gardening on public land. Please review the Rules and Agreements if you are a new or current plot user.
- You can sign up for 1 garden site of your choice. Please select a site close to home that is convenient for you to access.
- Plots are assigned on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Please make sure your email is correct and update us with any new personal info.
- When a plot at your selected garden site becomes available, you will be given information on how to pay for the plot and when it is due.
- If an individual on the waitlist does not respond or declines the offer by the due date (5 business days), they will be removed from the waitlist.
- There are no guarantees in regards to condition and location of the garden plot. Garden plots are rented on an “as-is” basis.
- Only 1 plot per household.
- Current gardeners who want to transfer to a different garden are given priority for the next renewal cycle.
- To keep the waitlist active any individual that has been on the waitlist for over 2 years will be asked to confirm if they would like to continue to be on the list every 2 years.
- If you have read the Rules & Agreements and would like to have a plot in the community gardens, please fill out the form to the right to add your name to the waitlist.