Urban Bounty members help us realize the vision of “healthy people, community, and environment.” They ensure that its mission is implemented: inspiring a resilient local food system through education, advocacy, and community-building initiatives.
As a member, you will be kept informed about what’s happening with food security in Richmond, and be able to vote at the AGM. Members will also have access to seeds from the Seed Library.
Membership is just $10 per year and is valid for a year from April 1st to March 31st of the following year.
Last year, our members helped us to:
- recover hundreds of pounds of fresh produce for local community agencies that would have otherwise gone to waste,
- provide community gardens for low-income individuals and families,
- teach youth valuable food skills,
- build and expand our community garden program, and
- improve and update our IT systems.