Here you can find your local gardening and seed guide here. As we are in Richmond, they are local to us, but we outline where you can go in the greater Vancouver area.
Garden Centres – Plants and some have seeds
Prickly Pear – 12311 No 1 Rd, Richmond, BC V7E 1T6
A great local full gardener centre. Find plants and seeds as well as home decor. Located in the beautiful Steveston Village.
2. Pheonix Perrenials – 3380 No 6 Rd, Richmond, BC V6V 1P5
Find all your perennial plants here. They don’t sell seeds, but they do have all your other perennial needs as well as workshops!
3. Wong’s Greenhouse and Nursery – 11140 No 2 Rd, Richmond, BC V7E 2E7
Find indoor and outdoor plants, as well as flower baskets.
4. Wang’s Nursery – 8451 No 5 Rd, Richmond, BC V6Y 2V5
Find indoor and outdoor plants. Vegetable starts, pots, soil, and all your other needs.
5. Bob’s Garden – 6440 No 6 Rd, Richmond, BC V6W 1C8
Find an assortment of bedding plants, hanging planters, and other pots.
6. West Coast Seeds – 4930A Elliott Street Delta, BC V4K 2Y1
They have lots of seeds available as well as garden tools, and supplies. They also have many books and household goods. If you’re interested in helping out birds or mason bees, you’ll find many products on their website.
7. Southland’s Nursery – 6550 Balaclava St. Vancouver, B.C. V6N 1L9
Find many different plants, pots, soil, seeds, and homeware.
8. Figaro’s Garden – 1896 Victoria Dr, Vancouver, BC V5N 4K2
Find all sorts of indoor and outdoor plants, containers, and home decor. They also do garden design and installations.
9. Leong’s Nursery – 7487 Meadow Avenue Burnaby, BC V5J 4Z2
Leong’s sells all sorts of plants including perennials, annuals, vegetable starts, pots, and soil.
10. Hunter’s Garden Store – 2560 West Broadway, Vancouver BC or 15175 72nd Ave Surrey BC
A garden store with indoor and outdoor plants, pots, garden tools, seeds, and soil.
11. West Coast Gardens – 1420 172 St, Surrey, BC V3Z 9M6
A store with a variety of indoor and outdoor plants as well as home decor. They have tools and pots too!
12. Potters – 19158 48th Ave Surrey and 12530 72nd Ave Surrey
There are two locations, the 48th Avenue is much larger. They have many plants, decorations, and home decor. Find your bird and bee needs here too. They do a large Christmas celebration that can’t be missed!
A farm by Harlod Steves. They have been selling heirloom seeds that are both ecologically and culturally very important for many years. They also have eggs, and ethically raised beef available.
A local non-profit focused on ensuring seed security by growing and saving local vegetable varieties. Find many kinds of vegetables, herbs, flowers, or grains.